Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Blacksmithing....

 "Smithing"


I have done a few "blacksmithing" projects over the years, mostly just fix'n broken stuff .... But a few "pretty" things as well. I made a few crosses from timber nails as gifts for a coworker ..
I just threw the nails in the wood stove and beat them flat ... And then brazed them together ....People loved them and I really found it therapeutic "shaping steel"

I have been looking for an anvil for a while .. But folks that have them conciser them "antiques" And want way to much money (in my opinion) for them. So I am working on making one for myself ... Crude but I can see it !
Here is one I found that is made from a R.R. track that I think will fit in my shop ...
So now I need a "forge"
Not this big ... But with some "scrap" and a little "need" I started making a small one ....

...... Yeah, I have the need not to be the "old guy" that makes bird houses ....

I shall make what is needed with my dirty hands !

Isaiah 54:16 Behold, I have created the blacksmith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the destroyer to destroy.

 More to come on my next "smithing" venture ...

Carry on ....

Update .... Last night was my Maiden fire .... https://vimeo.com/115450862

No comments:

Post a Comment